All about producing and mastering audio for disc, the web and beyond

Friday, December 17, 2010

Remotely VIntage

Well, here's one I didn't see coming. A service that offers to take your uploaded (mono) wav file and run it through any one of a number of vintage (and expensive) analog audio processors and then they sent it back to you! Each pass costs one euro, and you have to specify the setting you are after....a bit tricky when dealing with compressors, but this is such an interesting idea I am willing to suspend my disbelief until I see and hear it in action. I assume there's a length/size limit to the file, and if the service becomes popular enough I could only image in the queue waiting for the file to come back, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt and see what unfolds. Let me know your impressions if you give it a whirl.

http://www.outboardanywhere.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment